Sunday, November 21, 2010

Felt hearts, part 2


Here are some more felt hearts I made as Christmas decorations. I decided not to buy new supplies, but to use materials from my (ever growing) stash instead. As a result, I'm out of mother-of-pearl buttons now... Luckily, I found an old blouse with cute white buttons in the back of my wardrobe :-)

ps: I'm playing around with the color tone settings on my camera. In real life, these hearts are bright red, but somehow I like the fuchsia tones in this image too :-)

3 comments:

Iris said...

Oh they are the cutest thing! How lovely to be able to make this from things you already own. I agree, the fuchsia colours look really good, even (maybe especially?) with the "dead" brown leaves.

I always love your posts and pictures. Your house must be so elegant!

Machteld said...

Thanks!

ps: in real life, with my husband and my daughter, my house is one big mess :-) The pictures are thoroughly edited, brief moments in time....

liset said...

It becomes a little nostalgic pictured this way?? Can that be or is it just my imagination? Love the felt heart! Really warm and sweet.