Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Leaf & lace throw finished



My leaf & lace throw is finished! I'm happy with the way it turned out but … I must confess that I've had a bit enough of this design for now.... I'll just put it in the wardrobe and take it out when the weather is colder :-)

Some technical details:
  • knitted with needle size , 150 * 150 cm 
  • pattern taken from the Dutch book “De techniek van het kunstbreien. Kanten en patronen. H. Van der Klift-Tellegen, 1984, Cantecleer, De Bilt.”
  • similar patterns in English can be found on-line here
  • tutorial for the crocheted border blogged here

Mijn gebreide sprei is af! Ik ben er blij mee, en ik heb voorlopig ook even genoeg van dit ontwerp. Hij gaat nu de kast in, en ik haal hem weer tevoorschijn als het koud is :-)

9 comments:

sue said...

Oh my that is exquisite, it looks so cosy too!

Amina O. und ^^ Paul the Cat said...

UNBELIEVABLE! WONDERFUL! BEAUTIFUL! AMAAAAAAZING! ADORABLE work! Thnx, showing it to us before you put it into the cupboard to cool it. How much work that is, you must be an artist. I always love to see crocheted work or combined with crochet and find beautiful pics for my crochet posts. I guess I find some on your´s :) - let me immediately go on looking! And feel free to visit my blog, you are welcome.

modflowers said...

Beautiful work and gorgeous photos.
I love the look of your blog!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Your leaf & lace throw turned out beautifully!
Love how you photographed it for your blog, too.
Very inspiring!

Wishing you all the best,
Mary (from BYW 2.0)

Machteld said...

Thanks Mary and Modflowers :-)

Tracey Fisher said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog. I remember this beautiful blanket - it turned out perfectly. Oh the yummy yarn and texture - you must be so happy. The edging is perfect as well. Well Done!

Karen said...

It is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful throw it got me inspired to get out of the rut I've been in (arrggh) may I ask how long were your needles for this project?

Machteld said...

@ anonymous. Thanks :-) I used 5 long needles